Vicky Dreiling
Vicky Dreiling is a confirmed historical romance junkie and Anglophile. Frequent business trips to the UK allowed her to indulge her passion for all things Regency England. Bath, Stonehenge, and Spencer House are among her favorite places. She is, however, truly sorry for accidentally setting off a security alarm in Windsor Castle. That unfortunate incident led her British colleagues to nickname her “Trouble.” When she’s not writing, Vicky enjoys reading, films, concerts, and most of all, long lunches with friends. A native Texan, she holds degrees in English literature and marketing.The Love Letter:
I will not give you leave to address me so intimately. For your information, I do not believe for an instant that you have a poor sense of direction. After all, you raked your way across the Continent for many years. As for your reference to your nephew, I am appalled, though hardly surprised, at your singular lack of gentility. You are, after all, known as the devil ….
Oh, dear, is this another letter from Mr. Darcett? (rips it open).
(Amy unfolds the letter and reads it.) I cannot believe he is apologizing and so eloquently as well. Oh, goodness, he sent a dozen roses, too. Drat it all. I should know better than to fall for his wiles. But he is so witty, and he did admire my gown. And when he gazed at me last night while we were dancing, my knees were weak. Oh, gracious, have I lost my mind. The man was probably mentally undressing me. He has no scruples whatsoever, but his latest letter of apology does sound sincere. And the little Valentine is so sweet…
(Starts letter again)
Dear Mr. Darcett:
I thank you very much for your second letter of apology for last night’s debacle. The roses from your mother’s hot house are beautiful (and rest assured there is no disgusting odor lingering on them). I admit to having enjoyed our dance last night, but it was wrong of you to attempt to take me into that dark, deserted music room. However, I will forgive you this one time. I hope that this is a sign you are reforming your wicked ways.
For the record, it is inappropriate for you to address me in a familiar manner as you are well aware. We are likely to meet again since we have mutual friends, so I trust that you will abide by the proprieties in the future. (Privately thinks that would be a miracle.) My best wishes for your future happiness.
Sincerely,
Amy Hardwick
I
###
Check out William and Amy's love story in:
HOW TO RAVISH A RAKE
Coming April 2012
HOW TO RAVISH A RAKE
Coming April 2012
Amy Hardwick has one last Season to shake off her wallflower image and make a love match. If she can’t, she’ll set aside her dreams of romance and return home to a suitor who can provide security—if little else. What she doesn’t count on is the inappropriate—and irresistible—attention lavished on her in a darkened library by rake extraordinaire Will “The Devil” Darcett . . .
DEVILISH DELIGHT
When Will is caught in a tryst with the ton’s shyest miss, he knows he must offer for her hand. Yet Amy is not the shrinking violet she seems to be. Passion lies beneath her prim exterior and Will is eager to release it. But winning Amy isn’t simply a matter of seduction; first, Will must convince her that he’s mended his wicked ways . . .
DEVILISH DELIGHT
When Will is caught in a tryst with the ton’s shyest miss, he knows he must offer for her hand. Yet Amy is not the shrinking violet she seems to be. Passion lies beneath her prim exterior and Will is eager to release it. But winning Amy isn’t simply a matter of seduction; first, Will must convince her that he’s mended his wicked ways . . .
**GIVEAWAY**
Vicky is giving away an ARC (advance reading copy) of HOW TO RAVISH A RAKE, to 1 lucky commenter (US & Canada Only) So make sure you leave a comment on this post AND fill out the rafflecopter for your chance to win!
And don't forget to head over to Ramblings From This Chick blog, check out William's letter to Amy, and comment/enter that giveaway as well!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Swing by the special Sealed with a Kiss event page to get extra entries for the GRAND PRIZE!!!
Etiketler Sealed WIth A Kiss, Vicky Dreiling










